A flight attendant’s responsibilities include caring for our passengers, along with customer service duties such as serving meals and drinks. However, the primary role of a SkyWest flight attendant is to ensure the safety of our passengers while they are onboard our aircraft. This is a dynamic and exciting position that allows you to travel, meet new challenges, and be invigorated every day as you portray the essence of SkyWest to our customers, our people!
To be considered for a flight attendant job with SkyWest Airlines, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be willing to relocate to any of our crew domiciles: Salt Lake City, Utah; Portland, Ore.; Seattle, Wash.; Chicago, Ill.; Tucson, Ariz.; Phoenix, Ariz.; Denver, Colo.; Colorado Springs, Colo.; San Luis Obispo/Santa Maria, Calif.; Fresno, Calif.; Palm Springs, Calif.; Los Angeles, Calif.; Houston, Texas; Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn. or San Francisco, Calif.
- At least 21 years of age at the time of the flight attendant interview
- Be between 5'0" and 5'8" without shoes (height will be measured at the time of interview). Due to the internal size of our aircraft, there are no exceptions to the height requirement for flight attendants.
- Able to pass the physical agility test, which includes general lifting and back-strength requirements, on the first day of flight attendant
- Able to lift up to 45 lbs.
- Have the ability to walk and fit comfortably down the aircraft aisle while facing forward, fit quickly through the over-wing exit, and sit in the flight attendant jumpseat without modification or a seatbelt extension
- Possess a high school diploma or GED; college courses or a degree, as well as customer service experience is preferred
- Possess a current and valid passport with the ability to travel freely in and out of Canada, Mexico and the Bahamas. (Passport, driver’s license or state ID, Social Security Card and Work Visa, if applicable, must all be issued in the same first and last name.)
- Possess strong verbal communication skills in English
- Be able to successfully complete a background investigation, including FBI fingerprints, criminal history and pre-employment drug test. (If you have been convicted of a criminal misdemeanor or felony within the last five years, you are not eligible for a crewmember position due to Canadian Immigration Regulations. If the conviction was between the last five to ten years or if you have more than one conviction, you must complete the Canadian Criminal Rehabilitation process prior to being considered for the position. An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of FBI fingerprint and background results, physical agility test and training.)
- Tattoos must not be visible at any time while in uniform. Examples of visible tattoo locations include, but are not limited to, hands, arms, neck, face, legs and feet. Tattoos cannot be concealed by the use of makeup and/or bandages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Flight Attendant:
SkyWest operates flights every day of the year, requiring flight attendants to work a rotating schedule with variable hours that include holidays and weekends. Flight attendants need to have the stamina needed to work up to 14 hours per day with frequent change in climate and weather conditions. The flight attendant position requires travel on a constant basis with exposure to air turbulence, dry air, varying noise levels from aircraft engines and working in confined spaces. Flight attendants will work in confined spaces with exposure to the following: nuts, animals, latex gloves, perfumes, cleaning solvents, fumes, dust, pet dander, etc. Flight attendants with allergies must be able to effectively manage them in order to work in this environment.
Click here to apply for open jobs